Alternative Dispute ResolutionWe serve parties involved in various forms of civil business disputes as mediators and arbitrators throughout the litigation process.
Talk to an expert
We serve parties who are involved in various forms of civil business disputes. These parties may approach us to mediate or arbitrate a private matter before or during formal litigation proceedings. Some parties utilize our mediation services after a court has mandated that the parties attempt mediation before a judge will hear the case. Our focus is helping parties resolve business issues that are impairing their ability to move forward. We ensure that we remain neutral throughout the entire process and strongly protect the confidential nature of all communications.
Moore Colson’s Consulting Practice includes a Registered Mediator and Arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution. Our services focus on addressing conflicts by helping companies or individuals resolve their differences rather than having a court decide for them. We help facilitate dialogue between the parties and focus on the issues at hand so that they can work together on a mutually agreeable solution.
We generally follow these six steps in the Conflict Resolution Process. They are:
- Clarify the disagreement
- Establish a common goal for the parties
- Discuss ways to meet the common goal
- Determine barriers to the common goal
- Agree on the best way to resolve the conflict
- Acknowledge the agreed upon solution and determine the responsibilities of each party in the resolution
In doing so, we employ the following key skills throughout our process:
- The Value of Listening
- Insightful Questioning
- A Strong Belief in the Process of Self-Determination
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Remaining Neutral and Treating all Parties Equally