Careers in Accounting for KSU Owls
Welcome to Moore Colson. We are huge fans of Kennesaw State University here. In fact, 23% of our employees are graduates of KSU! We are so glad you are here and hope you learn more about what your career journey with us could look like.
You can find more information about our student leadership program, public accounting internships and careers in accounting on the page below. But if you have questions we haven’t answered here, we’re always excited to talk to future accountants about CPA firm jobs, careers and dreams!
We hope you find your wings with us!
By the Numbers
Years in Business
Your College to Career Journey
“Moore Colson is the most supportive and encouraging environment I’ve worked in. I’m not just a number at Moore Colson. I’m valued and have peers and mentors that genuinely care about me, my development and my family.”
– Robert Lunsford, Business Assurance Manager
“There are always open channels for you to communicate your developmental needs and goals. From the beginning of my career, Moore Colson has given me unique opportunities to showcase my skills, grow my technical knowledge and increase my visibility within the firm and community. I’ve felt supported and encouraged at each stage and challenged to grow and try new things.”
– Angie Jackson, Business Assurance Senior Associate
“Everyone in leadership is so approachable and down to earth. They all genuinely desire to see the interns learn and grow in their abilities. Their support made me want to go above and beyond during my internship.”
– Zoe Laux, Former Business Assurance Intern
“The experience at Moore Colson exceeded anything I would have expected from an accounting internship. Everybody I worked with has been so encouraging, helpful and great to work with. I felt comfortable asking questions if I didn’t understand something, and I looked forward to going to work every day!”
– Margaret Klements, Former Business Assurance Intern
On May 10-11, 2023, Moore Colson held its DIRECTION Summer Leadership Program. The firm invited college students considering a career in public accounting to meet our partners, hear from clients, participate in interactive sessions, network with other students and attend a Braves game with us.
Our Corporate Model
Moore Colson’s corporate model (non-book-of-business) provides you with more opportunities to work across multiple service areas, industries and with different firm leader. This model organically fosters collaboration and teamwork while putting the client at the center of everything we do.
- The Work Environment (WE) Committee gives our employees a seat at the Moore Colson executive table. The committee consists of team members from each department who meet with the firm’s executive team every other month to discuss issues and ideas that help move the firm forward.
- Moore Colson’s GROW™ (Growth, Resources, Opportunities for Women) is our women’s initiative program, providing women a unique platform to share ideas, uncover new insights, and connect and grow together.
- Each Practice at Moore Colson has a social committee that plans events and team-building activities for the members of that department. Employees are welcome to join those committees or the firm-wide social committee that plans events and activities that bring our entire firm together to connect and socialize.
Our Community Involvement
At Moore Colson, we take civic responsibility very seriously and encourage our employees to contribute to the communities around us. We invest countless volunteer hours and other firm resources in local community organizations each year. Moore Colson staff and partners also support several local organizations through board representation.
Moore Colson holds several firm service days throughout the year for employees to take a day away from the office and volunteer at a local organization.