Mark Sphar is the Chief Operating Officer at Moore Colson. He is responsible for the firm’s management reporting, technology, human resources and operational functions.
Mark joined Moore Colson in 2023 and has more than 20 years of experience helping mid-sized financial, technology and service companies operate with financial confidence and efficiency. Most recently, Mark served as Vice President and Financial Controller for Surgical Information Systems, transforming the accounting department for the company’s next phase and implementing updates to the internal accounting operations setting up the company for double-digit growth. Mark’s prior leadership roles include senior-level executive positions at a cloud-based healthcare software company, an engagement and loyalty SaaS technology company, an online payment processing company, an immersive experience company, and a robotic process automation software company.
Mark’s commitment to excellence and innovation ensures the firm maintains its mission of delivering exceptional client results while also focusing on building firm infrastructure and stability. Mark is passionate about team building, mentoring, client service and process improvement.
- Eastern Illinois University — Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Fellowship Bible Church, Roswell, GA — Youth Group Leader
- Wesley Chapel Youth Basketball – Former Board Member
- Lassiter High School Lacrosse Booster Club — Board Member