Careers in Accounting for UGA Dawgs
Welcome to Moore Colson. We are huge fans of the University of Georgia here. In fact, 14% of our employees are graduates of UGA! We are so glad you are here and hope you learn more about what your career journey with us could look like.
You can find more information about our student leadership program, public accounting internships and careers in accounting on the page below. But if you have questions we haven’t answered here, we’re always excited to talk to future accountants about CPA firm jobs, careers and dreams.
We hope you’ll hunker down with us!
By the Numbers
Years in Business
Your College to Career Journey
“The first line in Moore Colson’s mission statement is “Our clients come first.” This value was evident from my first day. Serving clients throughout my career has been personally and professionally rewarding. We love our clients and look forward to helping them throughout the lifecycle of our partnership.”
– Jon Powell, Risk Advisory and Compliance Services Partner
“The people at Moore Colson are very genuine. Everybody wants you to learn and help you prepare for the future. There are a lot of opportunities to get to know your co-workers, and I’ve had a lot of fun doing that throughout the summer. “
– Jenny Boss, Former Business Assurance Intern
Our UGA Recruiting Timeline
On May 10-11, 2023, Moore Colson held its DIRECTION Summer Leadership Program. The firm invited college students considering a career in public accounting to meet our partners, hear from clients, participate in interactive sessions, network with other students and attend a Braves game with us.
Our Corporate Model
Moore Colson’s corporate model (non-book-of-business) provides you with more opportunities to work across multiple service areas, industries and with different firm leader. This model organically fosters collaboration and teamwork while putting the client at the center of everything we do.
- The Work Environment (WE) Committee gives our employees a seat at the Moore Colson executive table. The committee consists of team members from each department who meet with the firm’s executive team every other month to discuss issues and ideas that help move the firm forward.
- Moore Colson’s GROW™ (Growth, Resources, Opportunities for Women) is our women’s initiative program, providing women a unique platform to share ideas, uncover new insights, and connect and grow together.
- Each Practice at Moore Colson has a social committee that plans events and team-building activities for the members of that department. Employees are welcome to join those committees or the firm-wide social committee that plans events and activities that bring our entire firm together to connect and socialize.
Our Community Involvement
At Moore Colson, we take civic responsibility very seriously and encourage our employees to contribute to the communities around us. We invest countless volunteer hours and other firm resources in local community organizations each year. Moore Colson staff and partners also support several local organizations through board representation.
Moore Colson holds several firm service days throughout the year for employees to take a day away from the office and volunteer at a local organization.
The University of Georgia, located in Athens, Georgia, offers future accounting professionals a solid academic foundation in financial statement preparation, auditing and taxation through its Business Administration in Accounting program. Faculty members bring real-world experience to the classroom, emphasizing practical skills and preparing UGA accounting students for professional certifications, including the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation. The university’s strong connections with local companies provide students with valuable networking opportunities and potential internships, enhancing their career prospects in the competitive accounting field.