Employee Benefit PlansOur seasoned professionals assist you in navigating the maze of regulations and reporting required by the government.
Moore Colson’s Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) Audit Practice delivers a team of seasoned professionals that can assist businesses in navigating through the maze of regulations and reporting required by the Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
We apply our firm’s expertise and client service delivery through the services and events listed below.
EBP Event Series
- Our Employee Benefit Plan Event Series discusses a variety of hot topics and features industry thought leaders who offer advice for Plan Sponsors.
Retirement Plan Audit Services
- Our Employee Benefit Plan Audit Practice performs numerous plan audits on an annual basis for both public and privately owned businesses, including:
- Defined contribution plans, including 401(k) and 403(b) plans as well as 11-K audits
- Defined benefit plans, including pensions and cash balance plans
- Health and welfare plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Our team consists of seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge and comprehensive training, including annual training specific to employee benefit plan audits and participation in the annual AICPA National Employee Benefit Plan Conference.
- We deliver an efficient, coordinated audit process between plan sponsors and their service providers, such as third-party administrators and custodians of the plan’s investments.
- We are dedicated to quality which is exemplified in our strong internal quality control processes and unqualified peer review reports.
- Moore Colson is also a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, a sign of our commitment to providing the highest quality employee benefit plan audits.
- Named one of Atlanta’s Top 25 Employee Benefits and Compensation Firms by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Plan Tax Compliance Services
- Preparation and review of Form 5500
- Assistance with responses to notices received from the Department of Labor or Internal Revenue Service
- Audit assistance related to examinations by the Department of Labor or Internal Revenue Service
- Assistance with correcting operational or design failures, including self-corrections and submissions to the Internal Revenue Service or Department of Labor under various correction programs
Plan Consulting Services
- Plan design
- 401(k) Plan “check-ups” to identify or prevent common operational deficiencies
- Fiduciary best practices