A Video Message from our Managing Partner:
Moore Colson Team Spotlight:
We are also excited to announce that Partner Candace Jackson, CPA was appointed to the board of the Pension Education Council of Atlanta (PECA).
- Moore Colson Partner Candace Jackson Appointed to Board of Directors for the Pension Education Council of Atlanta
Moore Colson News
Check out additional happenings at Moore Colson by reading our latest firm news.
- Moore Colson Named a Top Workplace for 11 Years in a Row
- Moore Colson Named Top 15 Accounting Firm in Atlanta
- Moore Colson Ranks Top 15 on Accounting Today Regional Firm List (Southeast)
Explore Our Recent Blog Posts:
- How Small Businesses Can Increase Cyber-Resilience: Part 1
- Key Provisions in the American Rescue Plan Act: Relief for Your Family and Business
- Updates to Employee Retention Credit Under the American Rescue Plan Act: What Businesses Need to Know
- Alert: SBA Issues New PPP Forms and Rules that Self-Employed PPP Borrowers Can Use Gross Income to Calculate Maximum Loan Amount
COVID-19 News and Alerts
Read our recent blog posts as we cover the latest legislation tied to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alert: IRS Extends Federal Tax Filing Deadline to May 17
- Alert: President Biden Signs PPP Extension Act of 2021 Into Law
- Breaking Down the American Rescue Plan Act: What You Need to Know
- The Restaurant Revitalization Fund – What You Need to Know
- Alert: IRS Releases Guidance on the Employee Retention Credit for PPP Borrowers
- Alert: EIDL Payments Deferred Until 2022
Tax Alert: Restaurant Business Deduction
A recent tax law provides a 100% business deduction (up from 50%) for food and beverage expenses in 2021 and 2022 as long as they’re “provided by a restaurant.” The IRS has now defined the term “restaurant” for purposes of the deduction. According to the IRS, the term “restaurant” means a business that prepares and sells food or beverages to retail customers for immediate consumption, regardless of whether the food or beverages are consumed on the restaurant’s premises. However, a restaurant doesn’t include a business that primarily sells pre-packaged food or beverages not for immediate consumption, such as a grocery store. For more information, read IRS Notice 2021-25: https://bit.ly/3dQAdGq
Join our Webinar Series
Join us for our upcoming webinar series discussing a variety of topics related to employee benefit plans. The four upcoming webinars feature industry thought leaders who will explore the latest retirement plan trends and provide advice for Plan Sponsors.
We Are Here to Help
If you have questions about your unique situation or need strategic financial advice, we are here to help. Contact us to let us know how we can best support you.