Phil Booth, CPA
Phil Booth, CPA, JD, is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Tax Practice. Phil’s primary responsibilities are tax planning, research and compliance for closely-held businesses, estates, trusts, individuals, and tax-exempt entities. He provides a hands-on approach to identify tax planning strategies that help maximize overall tax savings. His comprehensive tax, wealth and estate planning experience for business owners and high net worth families encompasses the use of sophisticated estate and gift transfer tax techniques.
He assists family executors and trustees in the administration of estate and trust matters, such as income tax and distribution planning. He typically works closely with a client’s advisors such as legal counsel and investment team. He also represents clients before governmental agencies in connection with tax return examinations. He is able to call upon his more than 25 years of public accounting and legal expertise to provide innovative and value-added tax services to his clients in a wide range of industries.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law — Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1988
- University of Kentucky — Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1985
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council
- Georgia Bar Association