Jon Powell, CPA
Jon Powell is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Risk Advisory & Compliance Services (RACS) Practice. His responsibilities at Moore Colson include leadership of IT engagements within the RACS practice consisting of Cybersecurity Services, Information Technology Risk Services, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) initiatives, internal audit co-sourcing partnerships, System and Organization Controls (SOC) attestations and other compliance and consulting engagements. Powell also leads Moore Colson’s data analytics initiatives by utilizing tools such as IDEA, ACL and Monarch. For the first nine years of his career, Jon led financial statement audit engagements in various industries.
He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting degree and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree from the University of Georgia. Powell serves as a board member and is actively involved with the Atlanta Chapter of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). He is a member of the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) where he is on the IT Advisory Council and also a member of the AICPA where he regularly contributes to CITP exam questions. Additionally, Powell participates in Terry College alumni events, including Terry Third Thursday, the MIS Advisory Board and the Terry Mentoring Program for current students at the University of Georgia.
Jon’s professional background in both private and public accounting, along with his strong leadership, deep project management experience, and interpersonal and team-oriented skills, complement Moore Colson’s already diversified Risk Advisory & Compliance Services Practice. With experience in compliance, internal control reporting, due diligence, IT auditing and general business consulting, Jon partners with and develops strong and lasting relationships with his clients to lead projects that can span multiple years. He has successful business experience serving clients in the software, healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia (Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting (2005), and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (2002))
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- University of Georgia, Terry College of Business Alumni Events
- University of Georgia, Terry College of Business MIS Advisory Board