Jon Powell, CPA
Jon Powell is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Risk Advisory & Compliance Services (RACS) Practice. Jon serves as the firm’s Cybersecurity Practice Leader and oversees the firm’s IT engagements, including Information Technology Risk Services, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) initiatives, internal audit co-sourcing partnerships, System and Organization Controls (SOC) attestations, and other compliance and consulting engagements. He also assists with Moore Colson’s data analytics initiatives by utilizing tools such as IDEA, ACL, Alteryx, and Monarch. For the first nine years of his career, Jon led financial statement audit engagements in various industries.
He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting degree and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree from the University of Georgia. Powell serves as a board member and is actively involved with the Atlanta Chapter of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). He is a member of the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) where he is on the IT Advisory Council. He is also a member of the AICPA and serves as a member of the CITP Credentialing Board. Additionally, Powell participates in Terry College alumni events, including Terry Third Thursday, the MIS Advisory Board and the Terry Mentoring Program for current students at the University of Georgia.
Jon’s professional background in both private and public accounting, along with his strong leadership, deep project management experience, and interpersonal and team-oriented skills, complement Moore Colson’s already diversified Risk Advisory & Compliance Services Practice. With experience in compliance, internal control reporting, due diligence, IT auditing, and general business consulting, Jon partners with and develops strong and lasting relationships with his clients to lead projects that can span multiple years. He has successful business experience serving clients in the software, healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
- University of Georgia — Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, 2005
- University of Georgia — Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, 2002
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) — Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) — CITP Credential Committee, CITP Exam Development
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) — IT Advisory Council Board Member
- University of Georgia, Terry College of Business — MIS Advisory Board
- University of Georgia, Terry College of Business Alumni Events