Bert T. Mills, CPA
Bert Mills is the Managing Partner at Moore Colson. In his role as Managing Partner, Bert sets the vision and mission of the Firm, and works closely with the Moore Colson partner group to implement identified firm strategies. Additionally, Bert continues to work with our clients to provide succession planning advice as well as practical, tax-efficient structures and strategies to closely-held businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and private equity funds, and investors.
Bert’s ability to navigate tax laws and regulations has helped clients develop successful short- and long-term tax strategies for their businesses. His wide range of experience includes tax planning for C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals; representation before the IRS; estate and financial planning; succession planning for closely held businesses and their owners; corporate structuring and restructuring; and stock option planning. Bert also has extensive experience in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory for closely-held businesses, private equity groups (PEGs) and PEG-owned businesses. Bert’s tax structuring and planning background has allowed him to develop his interest and expertise in the succession planning area for our clients. His industry expertise and experience include construction, real estate, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and distribution, retail and technology.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 1991, Bert was a Tax Manager at Coopers & Lybrand. Bert was named Partner-in-Charge of the Moore Colson Tax Practice in 1993 and built a team of creative tax professionals dedicated to service and client advocacy. In addition, Bert has created and coordinated various seminars in the taxation area, including tax law updates, income tax accounting, tax structuring, and compensation planning and leads the Firm’s succession planning advisory practice. Bert was named managing partner in 2013 and has also led the Firm’s focus on creating deep industry expertise and providing value-added advising services to our clients.
In 2018, Bert was recognized as a Most Admired CEO by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Georgia State University — Master of Taxation, 1986
- University of Florida — Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, 1984
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- PrimeGlobal — National Tax Partner Group
- PrimeGlobal North America — Board of Directors Member
- PrimeGlobal North America — Governance Committee Chair
- PrimeGlobal World — Board of Directors Member
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra — Board Member
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Finance and Governance Committees
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Northside Youth Organization
- Cristo Rey — Student Work Study Sponsor