Bert T. Mills, CPA
Bert Mills joined Moore Colson in 1991 and is a Tax Partner in the firm. He served as the firm’s Managing Partner from 2014 to 2022, leading the firm’s focus on creating deep industry expertise and providing value-added advising services to clients. Prior to being elected Managing Partner, Bert was Partner-in-Charge of the Moore Colson Tax Practice from 1993 to 2013 and built a team of creative tax professionals dedicated to service and client advocacy. Bert continues to work closely with the executive leadership team to shape the firm’s direction and future growth and is a member of the firm’s executive committee.
Bert’s ability to navigate tax laws and regulations has helped clients develop short- and long-term tax strategies for their businesses. His wide range of experience includes tax planning for C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs and individuals; representation before the IRS; estate, trust and financial planning; succession planning for closely-held businesses and their owners; corporate structuring and restructuring; and stock option planning. Bert also has extensive experience in buy- and sell-side transaction advisory for closely-held businesses, private equity groups (PEGs) and PEG-owned companies.
Bert’s tax structuring and planning background allowed him to develop his interest and expertise in succession planning for clients, leading the firm’s succession planning advisory practice. His industry expertise and experience includes construction, real estate, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and distribution, retail and technology. In addition, Bert has created and coordinated various seminars and webinars in the taxation area, including tax law updates, income tax accounting, tax structuring, paycheck protection program planning and compensation planning.
In 2018, Bert was recognized as a Most Admired CEO by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Georgia State University — Master of Taxation, 1986
- University of Florida — Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, 1984
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- PrimeGlobal — Board of Directors Member
- PrimeGlobal — Governance Committee Chair
- Magnolia Trust Company — Board of Directors Chairman
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra — Board Member
- Chair of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Finance and Long-Range Planning Committees
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Northside Youth Organization