Andy Starnes, CPA
Andy Starnes, CPA, is the Managing Partner at Moore Colson. In his role as Managing Partner, Andy sets the vision and mission of the firm and works closely with the Moore Colson partner group to implement identified firm strategies. Additionally, Andy continues to work with our clients to provide tax advice and strategies for closely held businesses, business owners, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, private equity funds and investors.
Before becoming Managing Partner, Andy led Moore Colson’s Tax and Construction Practices. Andy’s professional background in public accounting and his strong industry expertise complement Moore Colson’s already diversified partner group. With expertise in federal and state tax planning, Andy’s successful business background includes serving clients in the construction, manufacturing, professional service, retail and staffing industries.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 2000, Andy spent the first years of his career at KPMG, working principally with Fortune 500 companies as a state and local Tax Specialist.
- University of Georgia — Master of Accountancy, Tax Specialization, 1999
- University of Georgia — Accounting, 1998
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Associated General Contractors of Georgia (AGC)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Atlanta Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- Magnolia Trust Company — Board of Directors
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church — Elder
- UGA Alumni Association
- MUST Ministries