Michael Hammond, CPA
Michael Hammond is a Partner and Risk Advisory & Compliance Services Practice Leader. With over 30 years of experience in both the private and public sectors, Michael is responsible for leading internal auditing services focusing on financial, operational, and performance audit services, process improvement, risk management and controls evaluation for many of Moore Colson’s largest clients. He also is responsible for leading the firm’s SOC, Sarbanes-Oxley, and internal audit sourcing engagements and works with the firm’s IT audit and consulting group.
Prior to joining Moore Colson, Michael was an Audit Partner with Reznick Group, P.C. in Atlanta and served as the Atlanta Risk and Advisory Services Practice Leader. Michael was responsible for overall growth and leadership of the practice including internal audit sourcing, information technology (IT) audits, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, and other risk advisory services. Michael was also the Partner in charge of all SOC engagements. Prior to working for Reznick, Michael was Director of Advisory Services for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, in Atlanta and Orlando.
- University of South Florida — Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)